LAY HO MA!! This simple veggie stock is delicious and easy to make. If you make this ahead of time, then you’re ready to make some incredible vegan ramen. Join me in this episode and learn how to make an easy vegan ramen broth recipe from scratch. Let’s begin.
1 large onion
1 garlic bulb
3 tbsp olive oil
4 sticks celery
1 fuji apple (or any other kind you have)
5-6 cremini mushrooms
2 tbsp Himalayan pink salt
3L water (12 cups)
1. Peel and roughly chop the onion. Slice the whole garlic bulb in half
2. Heat a stock pot to medium heat. Add a good drizzle of olive oil
3. Add in the onions and garlic. Sauté for 5-8min
4. Roughly chop the celery and add to the pot. Dice the apple and add to the pot
5. Sauté for another 5-8min
6. Dice the potato and slice the mushrooms. Add them to the pot followed by the pink salt
7. Add about 10g of kombu to the pot followed by the water
8. Turn up heat to bring to a boil, then cover and cook on medium low for at least 45min but ideally 1.5 – 2 hours
9. Pour the stock into a large bowl using a sieve or colander to catch the solid ingredients. Then, use a ladle or colander to press down and extract as much of the stock as possible
10. Transfer the stock to some jars. Let them cool before placing in the fridge
ORDER YOUR SIGNED VEGAN RAMEN COOKBOOK + GET YOUR FREE E-BOOK + TAKE YOUR VEGAN SUSHI MASTERCLASS HERE:
If you enjoyed this episode and would love to see more, remember to like, comment, and subscribe so that you won’t miss a single episode!
Hong Kong born Canadian, Wil Yeung is an international photographer, filmmaker, entrepreneur, violinist, and YouTube chef. He immigrated to Canada when he was a young boy carrying with him his ability to speak Cantonese and some broken English. Much of his culinary aspirations stem from his background in the visual and musical art spaces. Whether you’re plant based or plant based curious, Wil believes that learning how to make food can really change your life and of those around you.
STAY IN THE LOOP ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
Wil’s Recipes on Instagram: @mr_wilyeung
Wil’s Recipes on Facebook: fb.me/mrwilyeung
Wil’s Photography + Video on Instagram: @wyphotography.com
Wil’s Photography + Video on Facebook: wyphotography
You are watching: