Dinner Roll Recipe:
– 3 cups all purp flour
– 1 tbsp sugar
– 2 tsp rapid rise yeast (or one packet)
– 1 1/4 tsp salt
– 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
– 1/2 cup warm water + 1/2 cup warm almond milk (unflavored + unsweetened)
– 2 tbsp fresh rosemary
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 1 tsp garlic powder
1. Mix warm water, warm almond milk, rapid rise yeast and sugar and let sit for 5 mins.
2. Add in everything else and then knead for 8-10 minutes. By hand or use stand mixer.
3. Rest dough for 10-15 minutes.
4. Roll into rectangle and cute into 10 strips, shape into knots, then cover for 45 minutes.
5. Bake for 15-17 minutes at 350 F, brush with melted vegan butter before serving.
Stuffed Butternut Squash Recipe:
– 1 Butternut squash, mine weighed about 4 lbs
– Olive oil for baking and sautéing
– 1 cup chopped celery
– 1 cup chopped carrots
– 1 white onion, diced
– 3 cloves garlic, diced
– 2 tbsp fresh sage
– 1 cup black or wild rice, cooked
– 1/2 cup white rice, cooked
– Salt to taste
1. Cut squash in half, remove seeds and then brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 45 minutes at 400 F.
2. Let cool and then make a trough, leaving about 1 inch around edges of the squash.
3. Saute celery, carrots, onion and garlic in olive oil with a pinch or two of salt. About 7 minutes.
4. Mix veggies with the rice, sage and leftover squash. Spoon it into each half of the squash then place halves together and secure with kitchen twine.
5. Wrap in foil and bake for 20-30 minutes at 350 F.
Apple Pie Recipe:
Crust Recipe: https://www.noracooks.com/vegan-pie-crust/
– 5-6 granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
– 1/4 cup white sugar
– 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
– 2 tbsp corn starch
– 2 tsp cinnamon
– 1/4 tsp nutmeg
– 1/2 lemon juice
1. Make two pie crusts. Recipe link is for one, I doubled it for this video since we put crust on top.
2. Mix all filling ingredients together, tossing well for even distribution.
3. Roll out crust and add it to pie pan, add in filling, top with second crust.
4. Bake at 350 F for 40 minutes. Remove pie and cover edges with foil or silicon crust cover. Bake for another 20 minutes.
5. Let pie cool at room temp for at least four hours, more is better though.
Brussels Sprout Recipe
– 1 1/5 lbs brussels sprouts
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Wash and cut brussels sprouts in half. Then with a parring knife cut out the center of the stem of each half.
2. Toss in olive oil and salt. Place them face down on baking sheet.
3. Bake for 25 minutes at 400 F.
– 10-12 medium sized russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
– 1 tsp salt
– 1/2 tsp peper
– 1/4 cup almond milk (unflavored + unsweetened)
– 1 stick earth balance vegan butter
1. Boil potatoes until soft, about 20 minutes.
2. Use electric mixer to whip potatoes, adding in the salt, pepper, almond milk and butter.
– 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, finely chopped
– 2 cups veggies broth
– 2-3 sprigs of rosemary
– 2-3 sprigs of sage
– 2 tbsp cornstarch
– Cook mushrooms until they are browned and releasing juices.
– Add in veggie broth, sage and rosemary.
– Simmer for 20-30 minutes.
– Add cornstarch to 1/4 cup water and mix until combined.
– Add cornstarch mixture to pan and boil until gravy thickens.
Hope you have a great thanksgiving this year! Let me know if you have any questions about the recipes! Tag me if you try any of them out!